I don't recall the specific distance but it was in the neighborhood of 7'. I did the trigonometry, printed a target per step angle then measured. Your results are as expected and why I stopped any further development with the chip after the Allegro field engineer admitted the problem. They wouldn't admit there was a problem till that video, then they shared an Excel spreadsheet to compute the false triggers based on supply voltage, motor resistance and motor inductance to "HELP" find a suitable motor. After running the numbers with a number of COTS nema23 and nema34 motors, it didn't take long to realize none were even close to working. This wasn't a new spreadsheet, they knew
the problem when I first contacted them, but didn't dividuldge it thus letting me spend time and money on several prototypes. Really ticked me off.